Re: [TenTec] Obsolescence was: Omni 6 Logic Board Failure

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Obsolescence was: Omni 6 Logic Board Failure
From: Neal Laugman <neal.laugman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:09:28 -0600
On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:40:52 -0600
"Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net> wrote:

> I was going to look at the Omni VI control board logic, but unless I
> commit to doing a lot, the dozen or 16 schematics turned me off.

Uh - yeah. My solution to the problem is this: Barring any intellectual
property or licensing issues, release a version of the source code into
the public domain and let a 3rd party manufacture the solution. This
happens every so often in the software domain, usually creating quite a
bit of synergy the OEM can take advantage of in their future product
development.

--
Neal, NL7VL

[This is a partial repost of a previous attempt that apparently did
not send properly from my system. Please forgive the duplication if you
have already seen this.]