Re: [TenTec] Omni VI 1st IF Narrow CW Filter Enable?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI 1st IF Narrow CW Filter Enable?
From: "Don Jones" <ko7i@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 18:31:12 -0800
Neal,
My OMNI VI with OPT 3, it is not a VI+. I have been monkeying around with
the DIP switch on the INRAD roofing filter cca and the jumper next to the
"narrow filter".
It seems as though the OEM narrow filter is bypassed. I am wondering if the
INRAD Mod is bypassing the "now installed" 1st IF cw filter. The INRAD
Roofing Filter is a "CW Filter". I did notice one switch/jumper
configuration that the received signal strength on the S meter drops 3-4 s
units. I have not checked that config in a ugly pile-up to see if that is
the config that selects the roofing filter and the 400Hz INRAD 1st IF CW
filter.
73,
Don Jones
Arlington, WA