[TenTec] Waterfall Display

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Waterfall Display
From: "Charles Strickland" <wa4oss@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 21:00:04 -0500
Waterfall displays allow you to pick out signals that are very difficult to
distinguish with a typical single color display, and also since you can display
a select continuous time period, see a pattern.  Selecting colors and contrast
settings allow fine tuning of this procedure.

The Ten-Tec Jupiter, Omni VII and Orions have a rear panel line audio out and
they supply an accessory cable for this use.

Several freeware applications are available for frequency domain and/or time
domain display on a pc.  So if you can be content with just displaying the
audio range of demodulated signals, try some of these apps.  I have a pc
displaying one or more of these anytime I have a transceiver in use.