Re: [TenTec] OII V2.044A

To: tentec@contesting.com, geraldj@weather.net
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OII V2.044A
From: kc9cdt@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 19:50:03 -0500 (EST)
Ray,
In this case it was a pretty weak signal.
I cold not quite copy his call on the OII, I tried everything on the
OII to get it....RF gain, AGC threshhold, attenuator with/without
different RF gain, bandwidth, passband tuning, NR, etc.

Then, since I had the Halli SX-117 ad SX-115 on anyway..I switched the
anyenna to the SX-117 just for grins....I had just a slightly bit
better S/N or less high frequency sound...really don'y know why, then I
could copy his call. The best way I can describe it was that the band
noise was a very low sound...then his signal  just rode above it,
pretty clear as well.

Anyway, I tried several times A/B OII to Halli...and wound up doing the
QSO the old way, mute the Halli RX when TX, then back to RCV.

It  made me grin a little, thinking Bill Halligan may be watching me
from above and maybe he had a grin on his face as well.
If there would have been strong adjacent channel QSO nearby...it would
have not happened.

73,
Lee, KC9CDT