Re: [TenTec] Argonaut 516 Transmit into a short - stupid

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut 516 Transmit into a short - stupid
From: Scott Zastoupil <szastoupil@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:24:25 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for the replies fellas.

I disassembled the amp section and did some troubleshooting and found that one
of the finals is blown.  It required the base of each transistor to be lifted
and tested with a diode checker.  I also checked the SWR bridge diodes and they
are ok.  So the plan is to order the $80 pair and move on.  I'm glad that I
don't run a kw of power.

I contacted TenTec and their technician was very informative and helpful in
confirming my diagnosis and suggested test procedure once I get the replacement
parts.  Unfortunately they do not sell the transistors outright and only for
their servicing.

Scott, KB0KFX