Re: [TenTec] 253 Tuner Interface Cable/System Needed

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 253 Tuner Interface Cable/System Needed
From: "Edward A. Feustel" <efeustel@hughes.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:30:05 -0500
On 2:59 PM, Brickey, Dennis wrote:
> Good Evening folks,
>
> I am in need of one of the following:
>
> I need a cable for interfacing a 253 tuner to an Omni VI.  That would be a
> 236 cable
>
> or
>
> I am in need of an interface system for the 253 tuner and an Orion.  I assume
> this to be a model 311 interface.
>
> If you have either excess to  your needs, please please drop me a note.
>
> Thanks for the bandwidth,
>
> Dennis N4DD

Dennis,
If you want to operate using your Orion and wish to use your 253 on 60
Meters, you need a
cable different from the 236. It does not have the wire required to
energize the memory that
covers 60 Meters.  I Had Riley's Accessories
(http://rileysaccessories.tripod.com/) modify their standard 236 with
the extra wire required to implement 60 meters. Tell him you want one
like he built for me.

I obtained my 311 from Ten Tec direct.  They still had them several
years ago when I got mine.
Just ask sales and get the Orion-311 cable as well. Then the modified
236 connects from it
to the 253.
73,
Ed Feustel, N5EI