[TenTec] OT: USB to Serial

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OT: USB to Serial
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:59:54 -0600
For anyone who might be interested, here's an update: I purchased a
Syba PCI-E 2 port serial card and installed it. The polling behavior
is not evident on either port of the card. It remains evident when I
use any USB-to-serial adapter, just as before.

A very strange problem that I do not understand. The on-board COM
port is usually (but not always) a true serial port with a 16C550
UART as part of the Southbridge chip. However, on this board, that
may not be the case.

Regardless, I have a work-around!

73,

Kim N5OP