Re: [TenTec] Orion III

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion III
From: "Frank Kirschner" <KF6E@mail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 14:27:08 +0000
I've seen a couple of YouTube videos, but they don't do the process justice.
Let me see if I can make a realistic recording of the audio. I'll have to
figure out a place to post it.

 By the way, nobody said it was magic. Good digital signal processing can
distinguish between the human voice, which has very specific statistical
characteristics, and noise. The resulting signal is, by definition,
"distorted," but it is more intelligible. Google "linear predictive coding" for
one example.

 73,
 Frank
 KF6E