Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Frequency Display Problem Only On LSB

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Frequency Display Problem Only On LSB
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 06:54:45 -0400
With PBT control centered at 12 o'clock, tune the Omni 6 to a clear
frequency such that band noise is clearly audible.  Switch back and
forth between USB and LSB.  Does the tonal balance of the noise
(bass/treble) sound the same between the two modes?  If it doesn't,
this is more evidence that the BFO oscillators need alignment to bring
them into balance.

73, Barry N1EU