Re: [TenTec] Using Ten-Tec Dynamic mics with Omni VI+

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Using Ten-Tec Dynamic mics with Omni VI+
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 01:44:32 -0400
I did say  "many ... but, not all..."

A better microphone for noise rejection is a cardioid, and not
an omnidirectional mic.   Right ?

And don't leave out Bob Heil...  he claims to have a microphone with
no proximity effect and I have seen him demonstrate it in person
at Dayton.   He makes a pretty credible case for it with his demonstration.

------------------
Happy Trails.

On 6/20/2011 20:49, Jim Brown wrote:

>> not all, but many, microphones exhibit what is called
>> "proximity effect."

> This is a characteristic of CARDIOID mics (one-directional) and
> bi-directional (figure-8) mics.  Omnidirectional (non-directional) mics
> do NOT have proximity effect.

> One of Electro-Voice's most important mic innovations was
-- a directional mic that does NOT have proximity effect.

but the EV mics are the only ones that succeeded in