Re: [TenTec] Using Ten-Tec mics with Omni VI+

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Using Ten-Tec mics with Omni VI+
From: David Cuttler <davidcuttler@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 17:55:42 -0700 (PDT)
I do not use any Ten Tec microphones here.

On my Kenwood TS-830S, and TS-130SE I use a Shure 444D, and on my OMNI VI
Option 2, I am using a Shure 450 series II. Both have received great audio
reports. The OMNI VI with the Shure 450 II has the mic gain at 9:00, I can talk
a good distance from the mike, and this combo has lots of punch.

Oh I should mention that the 450 series II was purchased on ebay a few weeks
ago for $10.45 plus shipping. It was represented as used, but was brand new,
and still had the tinned leads on the end of the cord. It just was not in a box.

I just cannot see paying big bucks for "ham radio" mics. I think they are
overrated.

David