Re: [TenTec] September QST Ad

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] September QST Ad
From: "Frank Kirschner" <KF6E@mail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 08:46:10 -0400
Much ado about nothing, but it is revealing about a specific human trait: brand
loyalty. People who are fans of one brand (be it an actual brand, a religion, a
political party, etc.) tend to see things in a particular way, a way which is
often very different from reality.

 The complainer obviously doesn't like Ten Tec, so he saw this as an egregious
error. The same or worse errors in ads for his favorite brand would be ignored.
This has been clearly shown in controlled studies.

 What this tells us is, when making a decision (whether about a transceiver, a
car, a political candidate, or anything else), we should be aware of our own
biases. We will make better decisions that way.

 73,
 Frank
 KF6E
 Ten Tec fan