Re: [TenTec] paralleling power supplies to get 13.8V/80A for Herc II

To: <k9yc@arrl.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] paralleling power supplies to get 13.8V/80A for Herc II
From: "Stephen Cannon" <sugar_bears_home@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:10:21 -0600
Jim,
In the RM50, the "50" refers to 50 Amps ICS.  The RM50 is rated at 50 Amps
ICS and 37 Amps continuous.  This information was taken from the Astron
Service Manual which covers the RM50A, RM50M, RS50A, and RS50M.   I realize
the RM50 is a different amp from the RS50, but the Astron Service Manual
makes no distinction for the ratings.

Stephen AD7TD