Re: [TenTec] help with Corsair II tx/rx off freq issues

To: "Ten-Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>, <scottsheppard@videotron.ca>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] help with Corsair II tx/rx off freq issues
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 07:06:28 -0500
Scott, the offset zero adjust pot is on control board, 80978 of the Corsair
II.  Page 3-31, Paragraph 3 - Schematic Diagram is on Page 3-32

"The offset tuning zero adjustment is accomplished by centering the offset
tuning control and noting the frequency display.  Turn the offset select
switch to off and adjust the potentiometer R12 so the display returns to its
former state.  Final adjustment of this control can be made by alternately
switching from OFF to MIN and back again while adjusting R12 for no change
in receive signal pitch."

I have encountered problems such as you describe in an Astro 102BX.  In the
Astro the problem was a dirty offset zero adjust pot.  Finding this trouble
the first time was a real poser as I had no idea that such an adjustment was
extant.  I got the Astro and the Corsair II used and the latter probably
came with that pot misadjusted.    Good luck.  Please let us all know what
trouble you find that we all may benefit from your work.

Good Luck and 73,
Mike Hyder  -N4NT-