Re: [TenTec] RX366 Update

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX366 Update
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 09:47:05 +0000
I worry about inundating John Henry with so many questions.  He must
be VERY busy with a lot of projects.  I appreciate the fact that he
shares so much information already with the reflector.

I'll take a stab (speaking only for myself, not John)

Yes, the RX366 is essentially the Eagle receiver.  A simple facility
will be provided to easily align the oscillators of the RX366 with the
Orion main receiver from the front panel, within a fraction of a
hertz.  I don't know if you could strictly call this "phase locked"
but it works quite well for antenna diversity.

The RX366 filters will be simply plug-in and configure in the Orion
Filters menu.

Personally, I doubt it can be used/salved with the Eagle.  The Orion
is the platform if you want dual receivers.

73, Barry N1EU