Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Autotuner upgrade?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Autotuner upgrade?
From: John <jh.graves@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 17:59:34 -0500
To return this to the original subject I started with

After all the discussion, I decided to switch my tuner to bypass and see
where I was and what happened while I was on a local 10M net.  The
answer is....nothing.  SWR on the Jupiter display was about 2.4 and for
the hour plus I was on the net, I was able to run full power with no
shut down that I could see.  My Jupiter just kept going. Late in the net
I mentioned I was running without a tuner into my G5RV and there was
some disbelief and I was asked how bad the smoke was in the shack.

I have not seen any published limits but I believe several people
mentioned SWR up to 3.0.  Is there something in the manual or is this
learned from practice? I don't think I need the autotuner.

73,
John / WA1JG