Re: [TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] --- and balanced fed verticals

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] --- and balanced fed verticals
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 02:01:02 -0500
Reason I ask is that I have been considering an off center fed 15 meter
vertical, with two radials, at about 45 degrees off vertical, with the
"base" or center feed point, set about 20 feet up.   Vertical element 21
feet, radials 8 feet long.

There is a guy who makes these commercially, but feeds them with coax
and a 4:1 balun.

http://n6bt.com/n6bt-Bravo-1-BR-mono-sbva-1.htm

The notion of feeding at 300-400 ohm antenna with 450 ohm open line was
beginning to get interesting.

I have been experimenting with various feed-points on flat-top OCF
antennas, and have enjoyed a detailed discussion of same with Rick
DJ0IP.   The notion of an OCF vertical dipole fed with open line is
intriguing.   450 ohm window line... Hmmmm...