[TenTec] Some progress made! --Omni D low to no power--Crystal Filter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Some progress made! --Omni D low to no power--Crystal Filter
From: Scott Sheppard <scottsheppard@videotron.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 14:02:03 -0500
So the next stage of the problem would seem to be finding out why teh crystal
is baving linke it is...here is the situation:

1. Normal filter left in place

-great receive, no problem...
-virtually no output at all (as has been beat to death already)

2. Filter removed and jumpered with a .01 capacitor

-wide open receive as expected, lots of signals
-full power TX at all the stages...100 watts out

3. 1.8 khz filter fitted

-receive ok albeit narrower
-virtually no TX power at all (as per situation #1)

Now, in all cases if i run the crystals without any ground connected, I can get
about 25 watts out or so....

So, it seems the fact the ground side of this xtal filter circuit is causing
some issues and zapping the output...as i mentioned before, my output on the TX
mixer shows common to ground which i thought strange...

let the games begin....and to think this is only the beginning of this
rig...frozen PTO, LED display issues etc etc...at least I KNOW what those
problems are.

scott