Re: [TenTec] 566 v3.028 spot versus SAF

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 566 v3.028 spot versus SAF
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 10:21:52 +0000
I don't have the issues you're describing on my 565 SAF and it shouldn't
have anything to do with your subreceiver type.

What would really help is a recording of your SAF in action.  A bit of
spectral analysis of such a recording might reveal a lot.

If you can make such a recording (WAV or mp3), just tune to a carrier,
matching your sidetone frequency, and engage SAF at a narrow setting
centered on your sidetone frequency.

Barry N1EU