Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec mics

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec mics
From: "Paul Kraemer" <elespe@lisco.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 20:36:29 -0500
Electret (condenser) mics are widely used in pro sound applications. They
are very small, rugged, have a good pickup, high output, and usually very
wide flat response.  All desireable qualities.  I have a TenTec 705 electret
that came with the 564 transceiver and it is no exception to the above.
Perhaps the issue is that electret mics exceed the requirement of
"communications". I'm sure they can be built for lower cost than an equally
performing, less rugged,  dynamic.
Paul K0UYA