Re: [TenTec] Century/22 filter frequency mod.

To: "g0clv@dsl.pipex.com" <g0clv@dsl.pipex.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Century/22 filter frequency mod.
From: Shawn Upton <kb1ckt@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 06:09:26 -0700 (PDT)
It's been years since I designed an active filter; but IIRC one could recenter
the filter by multiplying the R's and the C's by new_center_frequency /
old_center_frequency.  Basically, the capacitors should get slightly smaller;
and the resistors should get slightly smaller too.

If you can't find the article, try looking at active filter design.  Or even
passive filter design.  There are massive filter tables, listing the parameters
for the elements; but they are designed for 1 radian per second frequency.  It
is normalized to one frequency so as to make it easy to move to any desired
frequency.  So, if you read some of the background on how to design using those
tables, you should be able to hone in on how to rework it.

Shawn Upton, KB1CKT
NAQCC 4723