Re: [TenTec] 566 Orion II Firmware Version V3.029 ---Comments

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 566 Orion II Firmware Version V3.029 ---Comments
From: Harry G McGavran Jr <w5pny@w5pny.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 20:31:25 -0600
On Sat Apr 14 15:41:15 PDT 2012 Mike Stricker info4mjs at yahoo.com wrote:

 >Hi,
 >
 >I was wondering if anyone noticed that the spectrum display reads
 >correctly on USB but is off a bit for CW and LSB modes.  When a signal
 >on USB is tuned in properly, the peak on the display is right at '0'.
  >The peak is a bit to the left of '0' for CW and LSB...about 1.6KHz
for >LSB.  It reads low for CW and depends on whether the mode is UCW or
 >LCW.
 >
 >The audio distortion issue seems to have been resolved.
 >
 >Thanks John.
 >
 >Mike, WA1SEO

The spectrum display for both my Orion II's is around 400 cycles low for
both LCW and UCW with both 3.028 and 3.029.

Also, the bandpass graphic on the display for the subreceiver doesn't
do the roofing filter indicator correctly for slot 3 in my case.
I have a 6Khz filter in slot 1, the 2.4Khz filter in slot 2, and a 600Hz
filter in slot3. The red roofing filter indicator bar for the
subreceiver shows 6Khz for ALL bandwidths above 2.4Khz and the roofing
filter indicator bar shows 2.4Khz for all bandwidths below 2.4Khz --
including those below 600Hz, so the 600Hz bandwidth is never indicated
although for bandwidths below 600Hz, the 600Hz roofing filter seems to
be working properly even though the indicator bar doesn't show it.
This has been the case with both 3.028 and 3.029 as well.

--

Harry G. McGavran, Jr.

E-mail: w5pny@w5pny.com