Re: [TenTec] CW Filters ???

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CW Filters ???
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 07:53:20 +0200
Barry, as I understand it, the 300 Hz filter doesn't kick in until the DSP is
tuned to 300Hz, so effectively its only active when you are down to 300 Hz
anyway.

Just an idea, but maybe you could plug it into the 500 Hz slot or tell the
software that it is 500 Hz.  That way it would be in the circuit as soon as the
DSP is adjusted to 500 Hz or below.

I must say that operating with just a 250 Hz in my Eagle, I rarely have it down
to 250 Hz unless there is a contest (and you need less than 250 Hz), and I
haven't seen any problems.  It's just as Barry says, sufficient the vast
majority of the times.  On the few occasions where you get QRM, just crank it
down to 250 Hz.

Of course the best solution is to have BOTH.

73
Rick

PS  Yes, I too noticed that I first said 250 Hz, then I agreed with Carl on 500
Hz, and now I'm with Barry, back to 250 Hz.  Pretty wishy washy.  Perhaps I
should run for some political office!