[TenTec] My First Ten-Tec

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] My First Ten-Tec
From: Carl Winkles <jcwinks@att.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 14:40:04 -0700 (PDT)
Well, as a novice I was using an Allied SX190 receiver and a Ranger II
transmitter. The Ranger II was nothing but trouble and I needed something much
better.I could not believe my eyes when I opened up a ham magazine and saw the
first ad for an Argosy. It was as though Ten-Tec had made the rig just for me.
I was a student then and had little money. I sold everything I could and bought
a barebones Argosy. The first year I could only operate at 5 watts because my
power supply could only handle that much. It was my main rig for many years.
I eventually obtained all the optional stuff to make the rig complete. Today,
it can't compete with the Eagle for desk space. But I still have it and it
still works.

Carl, K4SEV