Re: [TenTec] My first Ten Tec

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My first Ten Tec
From: "Phil Sikes" <psikes@whidbey.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 09:08:19 -0700
If I remember correctly my first Ten Tec was a wonderful Corsair II with the
external VFO and loaded with filters. This is still one of the easiest to
listen to rigs I have ever owned. A fellow club member finally talked me out
of it, my mistake. Since then I have owned one of just about everything Ten
Tec has made at one time or another except for the Tritons and the Deltas.
The Omni VI+ was my main rig for over 100 years and I bought mine when they
were first on the market. What a CW operators dream that machine was. After
reluctantly selling my Omni VI+ I was without a Ten Tec rig for a short
while. A friend of mine finally agreed to sell me his Argonaut V and I was
once again blown away with what great rigs Ten Tec makes. In all of its
simplicity this little thing is just the berries! Another local ham then
came up with his Orion II for sale. Fully loaded with everything but the
auto tuner for a decent price. So long FT1000MP and hello O II. It took some
getting used to operating the O II but now I can't imagine getting along
without it.

I have only been a ham since 1995 but fell in love with CW early on and that
is what led me to the Ten Tec brand and will keep me there as long as they
are making radios.

73 - Phil N7UX

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without
evidence.

Christopher Hitchens