Re: [TenTec] My first TenTec - Marketing

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My first TenTec - Marketing
From: John Farler <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 12:14:44 -0400
A bit of a problem for the company?  Not really sure,
since buying through a retailer has its own set of problems,
although most dealers strive for good service and customer
relations.
I think perhaps factory direct, what with new on-line buying
trends might actually put TT and now Ecraft ahead of the
trends.  Also, as mentioned often on the reflector, it gives
the customer more of  a personal relationship with the brand.

It's very much of a plus that TT recognizes and helps as much
as possible with the older rigs.  I'll bet many new customers
are drawn to the new models after acquiring an older model
and seeing how well it works and how TT and TT devotees
support all their models.

I need to join the ambassador pgm, since I can count 4 or 5
hams whom I've influenced to buy TT gear.  As for a marketing
presence at hamfests, I've been to TT factory & hamfest
many time, and think their small staff is put to better use
delivering the great service.  I'm certain most of us have
used lots of time on the phone with  them.

I DO HAVE AN IDEA to improve their presence at hamfests,
and the idea is somehow to involve the Ambassadors
work a display of  some sort, perhaps with literature
and/or videos, plus perhaps a demo using their own
late model gear.  They would get some credit for this
presence.  Hope TT is reading, and will  consider this.

73,
John, K4AVX
k4avx1@windstream.net