Re: [TenTec] Do I really need a circut breaker?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Do I really need a circut breaker?
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 22:07:13 -0500
David, I think you've been lucky or have not had an accident with high VSWR.
TenTec has always recommended AirPax magnetic breakers, see the design guide
at <http://www.pocosales.com/ProductSpecifications/Airpax/DesignGuide.pdf>
which are tripped via an over-current circuit, SCR, and AirPax magnetic
breaker or fuse. TT has claimed the AirPax breakers trip much faster than a
fuse and can protect final transistors better than a fuse. If the switching
PS has fast acting overcurrent protection at 20 A, it may work.

When in doubt;
Contact TEN-TEC Service:
Telephone: (865) 428-0364
Email: service@tentec.com