Re: [TenTec] ORION I Issue

To: Mr Mike <kf8zn@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION I Issue
From: Nathan moreschi <n4ydu@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:31:47 -0700 (PDT)
Given the nature of common issues with the Orion, it is more than likely
microprocessor connector related. I have had multiple issues with my Orion
(including the described issue). The long-tern fix, as mentioned by N4PY, is to
take off the front panel and re-seat the ribbon connectors. This does not mean
that it couldn't be a capacitor or other hardware related item but in my
opinion this is the most probably and easiest to diagnose/fix.
The entire process of re-seating the connectors takes me about 10 minutes.
I hope this is of value to the group.
73,Nate/N4YDU