Re: [TenTec] OT: Looking for good starter HF transceiver

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Looking for good starter HF transceiver
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 18:13:53 +0200
HAPPY END to this story.

One of the members of our group has donated a very nice Ten-Tec radio to Hans.
We will have it checked at the factory, then boxed and shipped to OKC.
Hans will only pay the service and shipping charges.
This should leave money for a power supply and matchbox.

I forgot to ask if I can disclose who donated it and which radio it is, so I'll
keep that quiet for now, until he says I can disclose it.

It will be a few more weeks until Hans gets the radio, but this is far better
than those $300 import rigs we were looking at.
It's well worth the wait.

Thanks to everyone for the tips.  Several were useful and some just reminded me
of what I already knew about Ten-Tec but was tempted to overlook in the
interest of saving money in the short term. (yes, of course I'm ashamed of
myself for that!)

73 everybody!  Es tnx agn
Rick, DJ0IP