Re: [TenTec] FS Very clean 962 Power Supply

To: 'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment' <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FS Very clean 962 Power Supply
From: Joel Hallas <jrhallas@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:47:11 -0400
David,

One caution. The OMNI V depends on the over-current protection in the 962
power supply to trip if you are driving into too high an SWR, or have other
reason for high current. This generation of Ten Tec gear did not have "SWR
Foldback."

While a different power supply can be used, Ten Tec supplied a special
Airpax circuit breaker as an option to serve this function. I'm not sure if
they still sell them or not, but I would suggest hanging on to your 962
until you have resolution to this, otherwise your final RF transistors will
provide the over-current protection.

If you want to stay with the different supply, I may still have a breaker
here.

Regards, Joel Hallas, W1ZR
Westport, CT