Re: [TenTec] ORION 1 vs ORION2

To: Rick W <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION 1 vs ORION2
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 03:11:44 -0400
OK, Rick -- you got me.

I guess THAT explains  your owning 10 rigs at once.   Silly me... I took
your statement quite literally when you say YOU have 10 of them !    Ha
!    ;-)

The much more modest station I play at has an Orion II,  Two Omni VIIs
(one is mine!)  an Omni VI,  and a few of K3s  (some guys just don't
learn...), and we have multiple TenTec Titan amps and one Centurion
(mine!), and a pile of Alpha amps -- so while we are not as big as your
station, we ARE fairly WELL equipped overall - for a casual bunch who
like to contest, but only if we are having fun doing it (and yet we ARE
the proud owners of the RECORD in the Michigan QSO party, and some other
nice awards over the last few years.   I feel honored to have been asked
to join them.

The main man, our host, has an awesome So2R setup with an Omni VII and
an Orion II, a pair of Titan amps, a pair of TT tuners, and all
orchestrated with StationMaster control devices - and some really good
antennas -- it is an awesome sight.   It is nice of him to let me play
with his toys, although I usually work my own rig on one of the slower
bands... I don't have sufficient seniority...  yet.

It IS great fun working with really good gear.