Re: [TenTec] Older rigs

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Older rigs
From: "Curt" <rhulett1@consolidated.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 12:56:04 -0500
Bob,

My antenna is one of L.B. Cebik's favorite, an 88' doublet, center fed with
300 ohm twinlead.  Deed restrictions prevent a tower with gain antenna on
it.

Certainly the Ten-Tec receiver is a plus ( the 540 and 544 are the same of
course ), the skill is that of the operators who QSO with me.

I think a new ham would do well buying any used Ten-Tec as a first venture
into HF, less than $300 buys a lot.  For awhile, owned a 509 and made lot of
QSOs on CW and SSB with less than 2W out ( isn't the 509 receiver  similar
to the 540? )

73, Curt KB5JO