Re: [TenTec] Station power supply Ten Tec 261

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Station power supply Ten Tec 261
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 12:16:04 -0400
guys,

an amazing amount of good helpful information here.

I can understand both points of view and they both have logical and sound
arguments.

But that all being said, I'm working on a strange running Ten Tec 261 power
supply and with the cover off, last night I noticed the negative lead of the
supply was in fact grounded to the chassis along with the green power lead. Ten
Tec did  scrap the paint away from both chassis connections.

Would it behove me to divorce the negative side of the supply from the chassis
then?

interesting discussion

Mike WB8VGE