[TenTec] OMNI VI+ AUDIO

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ AUDIO
From: "yash@aol.com" <yash@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:21:42 -0400 (EDT)
 Two questions,have a new to me ,OMNI VI+ , one of the earlier rigs ,no SM
components. Iam using the rig with the matching supply/speaker. Iam not too
happy with the audio from the speaker or even with outboard speaker, I tried.
Seems chocked to me. Is the Inrad mod worth doing? for the rig. I don't do much
cw any more ,arthritis, mostly ssb and digital modes. The rig has all filters
installed ,tt filters, Is the 2400 Inrad roofing filter worth the 175.00 for
the radio. The performance of this rig compared to my PROII I had is great.
would never go back. Would like to hear any ideas about the mods.
thanks
dale wt4t