Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ AUDIO

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ AUDIO
From: Donnie <cfzepp@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 16:53:58 -0400
Hi Dale:
Before you do anything else, first try using a low cost MFJ-281 Clear Tone
speaker on your Omni 6+. It will be the BEST $15 bucks you have ever spent
to help obtain nice crisp Rx audio out of your Omni 6+

I have 3 of these speakers in my equipment line up and they are the only
speakers I use.

These 3" speakers use a Mylar Cone and are very efficient requiring far
less power to drive and they produce nice crisp audio.

I do not use any of the TenTec p/s internal speakers, nor the internal
speaker in the Paragon, Omni V or Omni 6 series. All of the ones I have
tried over the years sounded very poor in my opinion.

As for the Inrad crystal filters, I have an Omni 6+ with both the  Ten Tec
and Inrad filters. It has a pair of Inrad 2.8 kHz filters in both the 6.3
and 9 mhz slot's plus a pair of Inrad 400 htz cw filters and also the
optional Inrad 600htz roofing filter mod/ kit. The Inrad filters are
excellent crystal filters.

Donnie Garrett / WA9TGT