Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ AUDIO

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ AUDIO
From: John Oglesby <john91@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:55:41 -0400
A couple of thoughts. First, the later VI's do have some surface mount boards.
Second, the internal speaker is lousy and can be buzzy. Same issue for the PS
speaker. I use the roofing filters for CW all the time. They are great in
pile-ups. Unless you are working contests, etc in SSB it is not really
necessary.

73
John
N9RE