Re: [TenTec] 566 v3.029 and 707 Regal mic

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 566 v3.029 and 707 Regal mic
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 20:52:15 -0500
Thanks for the uptake on the different impedance values. Further research at the suggestion of another list member has me thinking ... well ... er... what I wrote was mostly correct for most situations, but perhaps not in the case of a microphone with a VERY high impedance of 50 K ohms compared to a more typical impedance range of anywhere between 3000 and 1000 ohms. I had been under the impression the TT microphones all had much lower impedance ratings, and a 50 K ohm rating was outside the scope of my comments. So, while generally what I said is true, it may not be true in the case of a very high impedance mic of that nature.

I apologize if I sent matters in a wrong direction... my intentions are good... and my road to He** is well paved with all my good intentions.

Happy days, and thanks again for the uptake.

(Bottom line - Listen to Bob, of course...)

..