Re: [TenTec] Trying to save a Paragon, help!

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Trying to save a Paragon, help!
From: Mark N8COO <n8coo.ham@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 02:31:36 +0000
Hi Steve,

No, you do not need the battery to operate the Paragon...only to save the
memories and time (and mode and frequency when it was last shut down).  Try
without the battery and see what happens (remove the battery, power the rig
up, and reset if needed). If the rig works, you connect the battery AFTER
powering it up.  I know that goes against what one would normally assume,
but if you don't, you'll get some strange symptoms much as you described
(yep, I know from experience!).

I've been gone through two Radio Shack NiMH "9v" batteries in the past 10
years and they've held up well.  Unless it's a very early s/n they were set
up to trickle charge a rechargeable battery.

Also, you probably know this, but be sure to turn on the power supply
before turning on the rig, and make sure it's a stable supply.

The manual, which is available for download online, describes the correct
procedure to install the backup battery.

There's no other reset that I'm aware of.

73 de Mark N8COO