Re: [TenTec] A/B rig testing

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] A/B rig testing
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:11:26 -0600
There's a reason I keep my CORSAIR-II with its external VFO operating daily; its an excellent radio and it compares favorably to more modern radios from TenTec as demonstrated in Sherwood Engineering Receiver Test Data <http://www.sherweng.com/table.html> as having a 79 dB Dynamic Range narrow spaced. With its PTO tuning and analog circuits, there are neither digital artifacts or clipped audio to confuse the ear or brain.

The Corsair-II has possibly, the best receiver ever built by TenTec; from what I've read it has circuits which were covered by ANZAC patents... "The bipolar RF (and first IF) stage uses transformer feedback with a three winding transformer. Its a circuit developed for the output stages of cable TV distribution amplifiers where acceptable intermod is 70 dB down and in Ulrich Rohde's book on receiver design he sees nothing close to having its performance."

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M

-----Original Message----- From: Paul DeWitte