Re: [TenTec] A/B rig testing

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] A/B rig testing
From: James Boswell <ka5siw@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 09:13:11 -0800 (PST)
Paul,

            I keep a 3-way coax switch on my station at all times. There I can
set 3 radios to the same freq. and switch between the radios to do a check of
noise, bandwidth filtering and comparison between different mics. My #1 rig is
a Corsair II, then the #2 rig is either an Omni C or Paragon. The third switch
position is reserved for the radio under test as I compare it to the other
"known transceivers".
            Several times hams have been humbled by how good the 20+year old
rigs perform compared to their newest wizbang rig. I hope this helps you out. I
have purchased a new transceiver (FT-950) just to find out I did not like that
new rig any better than what I already had.

73'S  KA5SIW