Re: [TenTec] Tuner for the Orion II

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tuner for the Orion II
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 01:30:34 -0500
On 2/8/2013 2:08 PM, Donnie Garrett wrote:
Rick is correct!

This is where the real beauty of Open-Wire
feed line comes into play ...

With open-wire feed-line you can have avery
high SWR on the open wire feed line but the feed
line losses will still be very low ...

        Oh...  Geeze... PU-LEEEZE... don't get Rick
        started on the virtues of open feed line !!!

        He is a super big fan of open feed line -
        especially on multi-band antennas.  If he
        gets going on that, we will be here all day !!!

        (Although I concede he presents a good case.)