Re: [TenTec] A Fun Day with Ham Radio, and a Question about Portable Ope

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] A Fun Day with Ham Radio, and a Question about Portable Operating
From: "PA5MW, Mark" <pa5mw@home.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 12:06:52 +0200
QSL!
This summer SOTA season we will try the new Elecraft KX3 which made it into our hikers group. The (only) female group member just got her license and is anxious to try her (4 yrs ago self-built- but-abused-by-the-3-male-hikers) Elecraft K1 herself for a change. Oh wait...she needs to learn CW for that, so it will be ours agn :) She also fully built a K2 a few years ago, while the rest of the group were operating their big-rigs from the mountain shack. Thumbs up for her soldering, hiking (up to 16hrs a day) and carrying hot milk for the milk frotting action on the SOTA spots.

73 Mark, PA5MW