Re: [TenTec] Built in SWR meter bannans

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Built in SWR meter bannans
From: "Walt K8CV" <waltk8cv4612amos@att.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 10:16:18 -0400
Sorry, I find this a wee bit hard to swallow. I picture a big lump of large toroids, with two plastic pieces of coax jacket going through them, with one wire in each that connect to the open wire. This conglomeration is serving some useful purpose? The little RF electrons going NORTH to the antenna are passed by the gate keeper in the conglomeration? WOW, that's interesting, as to the little electrons reflected from the antenna he says " no, you can't pass "! Is there some magic DSP going on here? How does this toroid know all this? Have toroids become sentient and aware over night? I can see the scenario when the ( sic ) good RF is on the inside of a coaxial cable and protected from the toroid by the cable shield, getting to the antenna and the ( sic ) bad RF, ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE COAX SHIELD, getting stopped when they are reflected, but the open wire setup looks a little DODGY to ME! This is the month of APRIL, but not APRIL 1 :-) right ??

FLAME SUIT ON !!

Walt K8CV

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>