Re: [TenTec] OT: THHN Wire in Germany

To: 'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment' <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: THHN Wire in Germany
From: Joel Hallas <jrhallas@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 13:05:22 -0400
FWIW, my experience indicates that solid wire is more likely to break from
metal fatigue than stranded. Stranded also seems less likely to kink during
installation -- death to wire under stress.

In addition to preserving the surface finish, insulated wire antennas need 1
to 2% less length than the same size bare wire, sometimes an advantage.

Regards, Joel Hallas, W1ZR
Westport, CT