Re: [TenTec] Orion trim pot adjustment

To: n4py3@earthlink.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion trim pot adjustment
From: bob barnes <k0wtz@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 06:56:24 -0700 (PDT)
not many people were aware that you could bring an omni 5 right on qrq using a
pot on a circuit board in the rig.

this was the main gripe on a very excellant rig when it was new.  many hams got
rid of their omni 5s because of this.

i found it and could never get the tentec service guys to point this out!  it
was strange i think i even talked to the jack burchfield one time regarding
this problem.

the problem was you could punch in a freq on phone and it would be off freq
enough that everyone jumped on the bandwagon bad mouthing tentec.  you would
have to manualy tune the rig to get it on freq.

i never did understand tentec not correcting this problem as they cured the
problem on the omni 6.

73
 bob