Re: [TenTec] Orion 2

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 2
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 09:33:21 -0700
On 7/5/2013 3:24 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
If the display was kept simple and the extras were fed out a vga or hdmi
port, then there would be more long-term security.

YES! Suitable VGA monitors can be had for free if you ask around -- lots of us have replaced older ones with fancier new ones, and they often go the landfill. I wanted to add VGA monitors to my P3s, and I wanted brighter displays for logging in a bright tent on Field Day. A post on the NCCC and NCDXC email reflectors produced eight of them, mostly 1024x768. That's plenty of resolution for what I needed, and I have several to give away (but I won't ship them). :)

73, Jim K9YC