Re: [TenTec] Eagle owners....need input, please.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle owners....need input, please.
From: "James C. Owen, III" <k4cgy_list@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 09:14:28 -0700 (PDT)
HI John,
   This is not a problem, just a little different from the Omni's and others.
You have to do an A=B first to be sure the two VFO's are on the same band as it
will not let you do cross-band. After that press and hold the A=B to put into
split. Now both VFO's are on the same frequency with B the transmit. Tune the
the A vfo to the frequency you want to transmit on and then press the A/B
button to transfer it to the B vfo and you're done. If you want to change the
transmit frequency then you have to press the A/B button again and tune the
frequency you want and again press the A/B button to make it the transmit
frequency. Not quite as easy as the Omni VII in which you just press and hold
the reverse button and tune the transmit frequency and release but it takes
longer to explain than it does to actually do.

73 Jim K4CGY