Re: [TenTec] OT: Rob Sherwoods full test results for TS-990S

To: "rmcgraw@blomand.net" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Rob Sherwoods full test results for TS-990S
From: Ron <n5qv@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 10:10:26 -0700 (PDT)
Man!!!!

You hit the nail on the head........

Ron/N5QV

________________________________
 From: Robert Mcgraw <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 9, 2013 11:15 PM

The new radio should be about the size of an executive desk.  Every
function should have a knob and switch plus an LCD annunciator on the
surface.  No hidden or multilevel menus.  The main display should be at
least a 32" flat screen system with full color 3D rendering for those
visually impaired.  Transmitter power out should be at least "legal
limit" plus 6 dB for a margin of safety.  It should have 6 receivers each
fitted with  6.1 Dolby surround system.  Audio output should be a minimum
of 500 watts RMS per channel for those old operators that refuse realize
they are stone deaf.  Each receiver should have a minimum of 1/6 octave
EQ spread across the ISO frequencies.  The transmit processing should
have a full Orban 6 band processor plus Aural Aphex Exciter and the
enhanced Sound Tools package for making the audio perfect regardless of
the ragged voice of the old whiskey drinking cigar smoker behind the mike
whose dentures are loose and rattle with every word, not to mention
wheezing through nasal hair with every breath.  CW capability of the
system should be able to send and decode 600 WPM for those quick DX
QSO's.
Entry level pricing should start about $1,000,000 with optional add-ons
to bring the full package to slightly over $10,000,000.  I'm sure every
ham will want at least 2.

Now folks, this is just about as insane as many of the rigs on the market
today.  Heck, I thought ham radio was a hobby and supposed to be fun.

73
Bob, K4TAX

> Bill,
>
> I'm sure you are right.
> I'm not going to buy anything like that either.  I have my Eagle.
>
> Tell us what you think the O2 successor should look like.
>
> 73
> Rick, DJ0IP

Disclosure:
I am a Tentec Ambassador and compensated according to the Tentec
Ambassador plan. I serve as a volunteer beta test person for the Omni
VII, Eagle and Argonaut VI products.   Otherwise, I hold no business or
employment interest with Tentec.