[TenTec] TT service

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] TT service
From: stoskopf@tri.net
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 15:23:16 -0500 (CDT)
My Omni VII had some memory scramble and fried the output.  TT fixed it
cheaply quickly.  My original Orion took a lightning hit.  Up front they
told me it was doubtful if it could be fixed and would be at the end of
the repair line.  Took about 6 month, but it came back totally upgraded
and works well.  I can't complain about either situation.

Now that parts are unavailable requiring them to rethink their product
status they have a real problem in path to take:  Go as yet another SDR
platform with open firmware and get cloned or closed and stuck with
upgrades that people will complain about paying for and perhaps missing
the good stuff by violating open source, perhaps doing a hardware box that
looks like a radio that can be programmed, or doing a very good
traditional rig.  Glad I don't have to make that decision.

Meanwhile, I have a couple of near the Sherwood top rated rigs that will
do more than I can for a long time.

N0UU