Re: [TenTec] Tuner parallel line into the shack

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tuner parallel line into the shack
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 15:59:20 -0700
On 7/9/2013 2:17 PM, R. Eric Sluder wrote:
I'm glad I kept my book on telephone transmission lines.

It's also important to remember that those long telephone transmission lines were also twisted pairs, to reject magnetic coupling from the power lines that ran on the same poles. Because their concern was power, and the low order harmonics of power, the twist accomplished by crossing over every pole or two. To understand this, do a quick calculation of the wavelength at 120 Hz. :)

73, Jim K9YC